Call for Entries:
2019 and 2020
Artists 18 years and older
Open to all media
Proposals will be evaluated with regard to the following criteria:
1. Quality of work
2. Responsiveness to the space, context/direction of nutgrass, and the Midsouth.
3. Feasibllity of the project with regard to time/budget/weather
Submissions will be taken on a rolling basis, as these are one-day opportunities, a calendar will be provided as dates are filled-in.
You will be notified 2 weeks from the day your submission is sent.
Required Proposal Information:
1. Contact information (Name, email, number, website (if applicable)
2. Written description of the proposed exhibition -- 500 words max.
4. 8 images via Drive/DropBox, Video/Sound Samples 3 minutes in length
5. You are welcome to accompany drawings of how you would use the space
The space is malleable, the walls are free standing, so do not feel confined to a U-shape installation. Each wall is 8'x8'.
More about nutgrass:
nutgrass is the only art space in DeSoto County, Mississippi for contemporary artists and audiences. nutgrass is a non-commercial space attempting to start conversations and facilitate community engagement among local and visiting artists while supporting the cultural production of contemporary artists across the region. nutrgass presents artists of diverse media, content and backgrounds. nutgrass aims to support challenging, new, and under-represented artists/artworks.